PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A HEALTHCARE POSITION WITH HLR, WHICH MAY OR WILL REQUIRE YOU TO DEAL WITH COVID19 PATIENTS. THE HOSPITAL OR CARE HOME WILL TAKE EVERY PRECAUTION POSSIBLE TO ENSURE A SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT.
THE HOSPITAL OR CARE HOME WHERE YOU WILL WORK FOLLOW ALL THE NHS AND PHE (PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND) GUIDELINES. IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH PATIENTS THAT ARE SUSPECTED OR HAVE THE VIRUS, YOU WILL BE ISSUED WITH THE FULL PPE (PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT). YOU WILL BE EDUCATED ON THE CORRECT METHOD OF USING THIS EQUIPMENT.
THIS POSITION IS NOT WITHOUT RISK.
We have provided some useful bullet points below to help you better understand our protocols which reduce the likelihood of you catching or spreading the COVID19 Virus to either the patients or your colleagues:
* If the hospital has a suspected case of Covid19 they are swabbing and isolating the patient and staff will wear PPE.
* As patients frequently get a temperature because of their brain injury we have had quite a large number of patients who are isolated whilst we wait for results. Those patients have had negative results thus far.
* We also ensure staff are wearing PPE for any new admission or transfers back from acute care regardless of whether they have been symptomatic or not. This is an additional precaution the hospital/care homes are taking.
* The hospital has enough PPE for their staff.
* The hospital has assured HLR that they will NOT ask you to care for a patient with suspected Covid19 virus without full PPE.
Lastly, as the patients no longer have visitors, their risks of contracting Covid19 is largely from staff, which is why the hopsital are being strict about zoning and staff isolation.
We hope this helps with any questions or concerns you may have regarding PPEs and your safety.